View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 07:45 PM

Default Evolve 30M post-live use update

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
I’m doing a 70s themed party this afternoon (August 12, 2022). The sound at sound check was just so amazingly good! Perfect really!
Not a great gig sound wise. Nowhere near as good as I thought it would be at sound-check.

There were several things going against me. Low reflective ceilings, an audience of older people, many wearing hearing aids, everyone was talking because it was a party, and when I played they just started talking louder. The 120 degree spread (vs. the 180 degree spread of a Bose column) really shows itself once the volume goes up a little. Loud volume was completely inappropriate for the audience, but there was no other way I could hear myself. My Bose S1 Pro as a monitor would have really helped significantly.

I would have been better of just using my Elite Acoustics D6-58 behind me. It would have been more volume in my ear, with a quicker falloff over distance that would have made everyone happier.

I really think I just need to avoid any sort of gig where I am just background music going forward.

Last edited by lkingston; 08-12-2022 at 08:07 PM.