View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 09:37 PM
Dan - Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austro1 View Post
But the interesting thing is, the one Dr. said it can't be Ulnar because my Nerve Conduction test came out fine....ie no compression of the nerve.

I also don't have any symptoms of numbness or tingling in the hand.
My only symptom is a little pinch of pain right at the Ulnar Tunnel.

So, my big question was does a negative on the nerve conduction test really completely rule out a problem with the Ulnar nerve.....or can it mean that they Ulnar may just be irritated but not necessary compressed, damaged, etc?? Thanks much for your help!
I don't know the answer to your big question, but I'll just say that I have a mild ulnar nerve problem that started as tingiing and numbness, and pain only when resting a particular point of my elbow on armrests (in the car and on an office chair). I didn't have any regular pain. So it sounds different from what you have.

I stopped resting my arm on the armrest while driving (or at least the elbow), and I removed the arms from my office chair, and that helped. I also slep with a soft brace to keep me from folding up my arm too much when I was sleeping. I still have a seemingly permanent mild numbness but it's not terrible. I had some PT that was mostly massage and some flossing and wrist-based stretching.