Thread: NFL Week 9
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 11:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
I certainly agree about the 6 QB's you mentioned, but apparently you have not watched Russell Wilson play this year! My goodness, 5 TD's yesterday and 22 TD's with only 1 interception for the season?! Go watch the game replays... he's freaking magic.
I don't get to see a lot of the Seahawks. We get the Chargers, Rams and Raiders all the time, followed by Cardinals and 49's. We get more Broncos and Chiefs than 'Hawks for some reason. The early feed features the Packers, Pats, Saints, and Bears. And I follow the Ravens as much as possible.

So I don't get to see Wilson consistently making those clutch two-minute drives to seal the deal. I guess I know it happens, but the highlight reels usually show the scoring play and not all that leads up to it.

I am going to go out on a limb and predict that the NFL is going to move towards drafting more mobile QB's early like Watson and Jackson with the idea that the team has three to five years to surround a talented QB with high priced talent that compliments the QB's skill set and if it doesn't work within that time frame, then jettison the QB and find another.
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin