View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

So....I haven't asked for permission to do this and so I very well might get in trouble. But, what the heck...I think people need to know...

I have been very fortunate to get to know John Kinnaird really well over the past few years. In fact, hardly a week goes by that we don't talk. Not only does he build a KILLER guitar, but he is just a heck of a nice guy. In a conversation with John recently, he told me that a lot of his time was being spent building a guitar for a young man. Of course, being the inquisitive type I needed to know more and was able to get him to tell me that he knows a young man who has leukemia and loves to play guitar. Out of the goodness of his heart, John has built this young man a guitar....and not just any guitar, but (yes, see below) a KILLER guitar shown in the picture below that any of us would LOVE to own!!

John told me today was the day to deliver the guitar to the young man and I told him I wanted a picture so I could celebrate his generosity and the moment with him. At the time, all I wanted was to see the picture and celebrate what a wonderful thing John had done because it made me even more proud to call him my freind. I can assure you that knowing John like I do, nobody would have known about this. He isn't trying to get his name in the paper, he is just doing something kind for someone who needs a "boost"...I have SOOO much respect for that. John didn't know I was going to post this picture (and won't know til he reads this post), and like I said I very well may get in trouble for it. But that's OK. I think in this little guitar community that we are all a part of, people need to know. John wouldn't toot his own horn, so I am tooting mine on his behalf.

So allow me to honor John in this way for his generous gift of kindness to this young man. Our world needs more kindness and more kind people like John. I hope this warms your heart like it did mine at this joyous time of giving.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!