View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Acuff View Post
The LR Baggs Anthem SL is a simple two source system. You make a one time adjustment to a tiny screw. There's a jack and a volume knob. They've licked the feedback problem. Simple.

I play mine through an AER Compact 60 amp and have tried various preamps. The most natural sound happens when my guitar is plugged straight in to the AER with no preamp. The amp has a balanced line out so it's also my preamp and monitor when I play through a PA.

A dual source system can be pretty simple these days. I was a die hard sound hole pickup player for decades. I recently decided to go with a Baggs PU in my new Waterloo guitar and I'm really enjoying the natural sound of the dual source Anthem SL.

There are other fine two source systems available. I can only speak for my Anthem PU but I'm sure the systems from DiMarzio, Fishman, etc. are also good quality and worth considering.

PS. A while back I compared a Grace Alix with a Demeter Tube DI using a Sunrise pickup into a small PA. The Demeter added some mojo and is much simpler to use. The Grace sounds accurate and clean with lots of gain and plenty of eq control but I missed the tube mojo of the Demeter. Both are studio quality.

I also have a Venue DI and a Session DI from LR Baggs which are very well built and as good as I need for the occasional gig where I need an onstage DI other than my Compact 60.
IF I really open the door to dual-source, I have decided the Anthem would be my first choice based on research (mostly on this forum!) -I sure do like the simplicity of the KK passive though.