View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1ck View Post
Isn't it true that it is hard to get a good parametric circuit with a 9 volt? The guitar stomp box EQs that are touted as being very quiet are all AC units.

My approach is that if you like what is coming out of the guitar, Dazzos in my case, all you need is a RedEye. More people, including me, don't really know how best to use all the bells and whistles.
It's more than 9 volts. More expensive studio EQ's often use multiple passive resonant filters that each have their own signal path vs a potentiometer that changes the value. Studio gear has to have more headroom as you are many times processing the entire mix vs a solitary instrument. While an acoustic guitar can have powerful transients a properly designed 9-18 volt unit should be able to handle the voltage swing.

If whatever you're using works for you that's great. The Red Eye from my understanding has a 1MegOhm input that is the correct impedance for certain pickups. It solves that issue and has very minimal EQ capabilities. Many times the struggle through a system is more about the room acoustics and quality of the speaker system.