View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
First time I've tried the Bose L1M2 (with Tonematch mixer) I was shocked. Singing into this was unreal, I could hear my voice as if it was in my head because of the "non localization" 180° thing. So I had to own this thing
Yup!

Quote:
and I did buy it.
Nope. Wife would kill me, or I'd have to kill myself, if I spent $3,200 on a speaker. Even if I saw Angels when I sang through it. I went with the Fishman SA220, instead. She only groused.

Quote:
Later I realized it was a total overkill for my need and I did eventually find it to sound "digital" and cold.
Sounds familiar! Bye bye Fishman SA220.

Quote:
The Bose L1mII is still the very best thing for the application it is meant for.
Agreed!

Quote:
I am suprised the engineer in you did not push you to build your own by yourself.
Slow down Cow Poke, I'm not that kind of engineer. I considered it when I was younger and built lots of computers, servers, and bread board electronics stuff. I even worked as an IT guy to help pay for college. But, now I only dabble in computers and electronics. I build BIG stuff for a living. Real BIG stuff. :-)

Quote:
Now my dream would be to have the time to:
...practice my music. And, not spend 70 hours a week commuting, in front of a computer, in meetings, or on job sites. Not to mention family activities and domestic duties.

Quote:
PS: One thing I am sure is that in my amplification dream. Vocals and guitar are not amplified by the same amp.
Cuki, you're the only one who understand me. [weeping tears of joy...]