View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 05:14 PM

I like my 5th ave kingpin II, very versatile guitar with great tone. I liked it well enough, I upgraded to one I saw on reverb that had lollar PU and some upgraded electronics. Investment wise, it is good as it has a good following and is easy to trade in or sell down the road. I have had several seagull guitars and they are all good. I had one that had structural issue 30 years ago and I was given a brand new replacement.

I really feel for you guys with the hearing sensitivities. I had a bout with tinnitus a while back which I attributed to being the backstage emt for a huge annual blues music festival. It went on for about 6 months or so for a few years after the festival, made it impossible to understand dinner conversations at loud restaurants and other social events and bothered my sleep. But I quit the job and pretty much fully recovered. I am always the first person to cover my ears at loud concerts when everyone else is enjoying the 130dB noise. I always hear high and low frequency feedback when others seem oblivious. I walked out of a concert last week when the high frequency feedback ringing got to me and I was tired of holding my ears shut, an acoustic concert no less. But what you guys are going through is way beyond anything I could imagine. I would like to know more about the causes for these rare conditions, time for google search. I bet there is going to be a lot of people suffering from different hearing issues in next few decades from all the loud music all of us have been exposed to, everyone has earbuds plugged in to music these days.