View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancebo View Post
It’s not a pain. If you talk to Teddy about the process, you will get happy results. Once they are on, and you think there is too much this or not enough that, call him up for recommendations and try again. Popping them off undamaged is easy. Cleaning the glue with a razor, epoxy remover and a cloth is 15 minutes. I have installed most of my sets and been happy. Only adjusted or swapped out a couple. Remember one size fits all doesn’t exist. These actually have flexibility to adjust to your ears, gear, usage, needs, etc. I am not sure you can say that about too many pickups on the market. In my experience and observations with Teddy, if he is not perfectly happy with it, the time it takes to remove and reinstall has indeed been worth it. Even when I thought it wasn’t necessary. If I have installed 15 of these, only two I have installed again. Teddy has reinstalled a couple for me because he thought he could make it better when I thought it was already good.

I realize I hijacked this thread. Those Sunnaudio preamps are the dream. I am requesting a single channel version of the MS-2 someday. I think it will be a price point more people can buy into. You won’t get the mid side feature, but not many including myself will use that. Well, never say never.
That sounds better but I stand by the removal being a pain. Just not a huge fan of trying to pull them out and then use a razor blade/brake cleaner. Hopefully removal will not even be necessary though. I guess I keep thinking of the Amulet and HFN. Both of those pickups took significant experimentation and neither one even uses glue. It just gets annoying to have to remove the strings, reposition, tune up, test and then do it all over again. I probably will install my Dazzo 70's. Seems like a waste to not give them a try at least.