View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
I have an X20 and an X7, I don't remember the last time I played the X20. I play the X7 almost daily. I finally got to sit in front and listen to a friend play the X20 and the X7...yeah, there's a difference if you really dig into them, but he was playing lightly with a pick and the difference was not as big as you would think. I like small guitars and 12 fret guitars, the X7 has the 12 fret I like but still gives access to the higher frets. That comes in handy ! TI Plectrums have been my favorite so far. If it were me, knowing what I do, I would buy an X7 first, with out a pickup installed, then decide if i really needed an X20 later. We are all different, that's just my story.
Thanks John. I'm with you- I also like OM or parlor sized guitars with a short scale. I know that you previously owned a Shorty and I'm very familiar with that guitar. How would you compare the X7 2.0 to the Shorty as far as tone is concerned? I've also noticed that the new X7 and X30 come standard in a 12 fret but the X20 does not. I wonder why? Certainly they have built one before. Is the tone just not there?