View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 03:06 PM

Thanks Greg. Your detailed replies really help to fill in the gaps. I am a details kind of guy. In fact, I tend to read the whole owner's manual and piles of other info before I make most purchase. So I greatly appreciate the information from your many years of experience.

I'm used to the guitar realm where 24.875 (24 7/8) is called short scale for both Rainsong and Taylor Guitars. I do like what it does to warm things up. I'm very happy that it isn't 12 fret which is what I always see with that scale. This is been my hindernce in buyng a short scale guitar in the past. This scale plus the all Mahogany body should make for a warm clear tone.

For targeting the steel string guitar market, a 1 3/4 nut width is great. I could see how that could be hard for some, especially classical players. That ¼ difference could really cram things up. I have a very hard time with a 1 11/16 nut. Too crammed and I end up selling the guitar over just 1/16. A 1 7/8 may be a perfect middle ground, but I'm guessing production wise the standard width works better for Timberline, as their other guitars have it.

Our winters can get brutal here, so I may wait until late winter to order for spring delivery. We normally get into the -20F to -40F range for a while around December/January. Many people have had their guitars finish check or even the crack when shipped in these temps. That may have more to do with shippers throwing around the box while it's cold, but that's the way they roll.

Last edited by Carbonius; 10-21-2017 at 11:31 PM.