View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 07:38 PM

Default Looking for the right luthier

I think I'm in the right place to post this, if not please let me know!

Anyway, so I've been scanning the market for sometime now for a custom build flat top steel string and am still looking for the right builder.

As much as id like to go to somebody like Froggy Bottom or something like that, I don't have a huge budget, I'm also not looking for a cheap build either, you get what you pay for.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a Furch but I'm leaning towards a fan fret build and they don't offer that unfortunately. I was also looking at Maestro as well.

I would like a either a Redwood or an Italian Spruce Top with hopefully Madagascar Rosewood, although I am more than willing to discuss this with the builder and maybe they can recommend something to me that may be better for my style of play.
As mentioned before I would like to have fanned frets/multi scale added to it. I don't need a whole bunch of flashy shabang, although a few dazzles here and there might not hurt. Maybe a light bevel as well.

Not interested in any sunburts or anything like that by the way.

Oh and I'm looking for a Grand Auditorium Size as well, I've been interested in Modified Dreadnoughts as well, but Grand Auditorium seems like the better option for me.

Anybody got any recommendations?