View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleolith54 View Post
Grateful Dead?

My thoughts are that it's like asking if you prefer hamburger or ribeye. If you don't see a difference, there's no difference. The crowd won't care. If you don't either, it seems like an easy choice.

Personally, I continue to be glad I bought my Crowdster. Nothing sounds as good as it does, and presents as few problems, on a loud stage. it feels much better in the hand than any alternative I've tried out. Tom stands by his work like nobody else I know.

I think the Fenders, though over-priced like all Fenders, sound quite good for what they are.
I pretty much agree with this. I own a Crowdster ++. I love the electric pickups; really love the combined piezo + neck pickup. The neck is amazing. I really like the jazz tones out of the neck pickup. The nut is 1.72" I think. The Crowdster has an acoustic feel, and that is what I like. Did I mention the neck is amazing.Several years ago another poster noted the sustain in the Crowdster. I had not thought about that, but it does have a lot more sustain an acoustic.
I haven't played the Fenders. I would be interested in doing so. Their acoustic side sounds really good in the videos I have watched.
I bought a Taylor T5 the second year they were out and played it for many years. It played great, but I just migrated away from its tone. The Crowdster ultimately replaced it. They are expensive, no doubt, and really pretty.
TAGCrowdsterFull.jpg
'66 Gibson J-200, '55 J50, JB Model 1; Martin M-36; Micheletti Osprey Rigid Rim; Collings OM2H, GR Bear OM C; Emerald X10 Slimline; Gretsch HOF Country Gent & G6120CMHOF; Gibson ES-165; CP Thornton Improv; Veillette Flyer 14 & Lyric; Anderson Crowdster++ ....