View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex&r View Post
Sounds like you have the right tool for the job! The roads are pretty well gritted where i am (liverpool or london) and we don't get a lot of snow. I do like to ride in 'normal' clothes when just going about day to day so my fenders are important in the wet. Best thing in the last few months is I've finally after decades found a way to carry a hard-cased guitar safely. Who needs cars? ✌
My original winter bike had fenders, my regular "rest of the year" ride has them too. Alas, though a few electric fat tire bikes have fenders, they've never really been available to to add on to bikes like mine. There's a theory that fenders will get jammed up with snow and slush, but in all my years of winter riding I never saw that as a factor. Just the right consistency of wet snow will build up in the insides of fenders (temp and snow has to be just right) -- but the moving tires constantly scrape it out.

I use a downtube "mudboard" to keep the worst of front tire spray and slush off and I made my own "deck" to go on my open rear rack to reduce the back of my jacket "racing stripe" effect.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....