View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
Yeah maybe the words "great joy" weren't the best words to use but you at least made me double check the post (even though I didn't think I needed to) and I still stand by what I said and it was mentioned by another as well. I also dropped a hint in my post as to what I was referring to.

The OP has good reasons to be upset but I have no doubt he will be taken care of by Alistair. The fret work I would grudgingly fix myself but the misaligned dots and the dent at the 24 fret area would make me upset as well.
IMHO, the biggest issue is the fretboard divot of frets 23-24 that couldn’t have been missed, and it was fretted over. I mean come on, that’s something you get with a Cort guitar, not a $3K top shelf guitar. If this were a Martin/ Gibson/ Taylor I would be saying the same thing. That’s not something you can can easily fix either. So a new member bought a guitar sight unseen, one that can’t be played anywhere first, and that’s what was sent to him. Reaching out to those who have them to see if they have this too is what we are here for, isn’t it? I ordered an Emerald and mine was absolutely perfect. So this seems like an anomaly, but that doesn’t excuse it. These aren’t magnifying glass issues. The fretwork is amateurish at best, it’s not nit picky to point this out, nor is it brand bashing. What I’m finding interesting is the others pointing out they have some of these issues too. To each his own but personally that’s disappointing to hear. Sorry if this isn’t a positive response to all but again to me, this is an issue no different that what you see with modern Gibson QC, and absolutely no one walks on eggshells when discussing them. This isn’t a return your guitar to Sam Ash. This is a return that will take weeks to get back, and then weeks to get replaced; at best. I’d feel horrible if it were me. OP paid good $ for something he won’t get to truly enjoy for months. I’m speaking totally emotionally free, just stating facts I see from the photos. No bashing of Emerald owners in any way. I’d write this same response no matter the maker, especially when discussing this price point.