View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 02:22 PM

Default My Second Acoustic: The Martin OM-42

In case you haven't read it, check out this thread first to understand my background and preferences as a guitarist.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=603479

So after almost a year with my 000-28EC which I absolutely love, I decided that my next Martin would be the OM42. I simply love this body size and since I already have a 000 type Martin, it only made sense to buy an OM type now.

I found a N.O.S. 2017 "pre-reimagined" model for a great price and bought it. I must tell you that I live in Europe and over here it's definitely not that easy to try a Martin, let alone a "40 style" OM/000 or D type, so first thing I made sure was that there is a trial/return period.

I will post pics and a review when the guitar arrives sometime next week, but in the meantime I would absolutely love to read your experiences/impressions with your OM42 or with your OM type Martin in general. What you like or even don't like about it, string recommendations etc.

Pics are a must too!

I want to keep this post short, but I will be adding further questions and thoughts derived from my 6-month research before I finally decided to buy an OM42 later on in this thread.

Thanks in advance for any input and/or advice, I appreciate it.