View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Miner View Post
Interestingly enough, when I was going over my bass head designs with my assistant Frank Doucette, he said "you know, it might be nice if you could leave room for sharping levers..." And so I kept that in mind. It may not look like it, and they'd be crammed in there, but I think it could work. Yes, that's up to you and your luthier to add on. Even the professionals will tell you it requires skill and planning. You'd start with a nut post (sharpers don't work off tuners), which could be positioned to help locate your levers in the available real estate. I'm anxious to see someone try it, though wasn't in a particular rush - not having sharping levers has never been a deal breaker for the 99% of us without them. If it is, I know of a very nice Pellerin available for $20k you might want to consider.
PS: Pickup option will be a Baggs Anthem, according to Rob. He's installing them now in the 2 prototypes destined for a couple HG virtuosos.
Listing coming soon.
Thanks, Gregg. My take on the levers, based on the photos, was that the nut pin would go to the left/up side of the tuner post. Some levers can be positioned remarkably close to the nut pins depending on whether they lift the string or push it down (there are even some that push the string to the side) so it might need some experimentation to figure out which levers to use and how closely they can be spaced with the placement of the nut pins. If the luthier is game to experiment with sharping levers then I'm ready to be a guinea pig, I guess!

Phil

I play Crosby, Emerald, Larrivée, Lowden, Rainsong & Tacoma guitars.
Check out my Guitar Website. See guitar photos & info at my Guitars page.