View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
Excellent question, especially in view of that I did it differently this time. In the past i have diminished the soundhole by a token 1/8" when putting in a side port. I recently learned that my intuitive reduction is about a third the actual surface area added by my conservitive sideport. This time I did not reduce the soundhole at all. My guess is that no one will be able to point out any obvious effect. There are simply too many equally/more important variables at play.

Roxie is seemingly "better", but since that is illogical we remain braced for the inevitable. She continues to play her role perfectly adequately as long as we keep the walks short and level-ish.
Thanks for the insight. I have not had an opportunity to try a sound port... yet.

The resiliency of "man's best friend" always amazes me; having faced the inevitable myself quite a few times. My dog Joi, who's half Shepard and half Husky, is about 11 human years now, and she's developed a growth on her right shoulder. She still goes around her business, but the vet's concerned that she may be too old for surgery. A biopsy came back benign, but because of the size of the growth they're not 100% positive.