View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 11:46 PM

Andrew -

The photos aren't detailed enough for me to tell, so I have to ask: do the strings themselves have individual string saddles for each of the octave strings, or does each pair occupy the same saddle together?

This is often the case on electric 12 strings, and it's a total pain when the octave strings have to share a saddle.

Because they won't play in tune together if both are on a saddle that puts them both at the same string length. The only way to get them to function perfectly is to get individual saddles for each string.

This is more complicated, naturally, and you will probably have to find some aftermarket supplier to sell you one.

Rickenbacker 12 strings are noted for the same problem, and it's only been with a few recent signature model Rics that any of their 12 strings have had individually adjustable string saddles.

I'm not an electric guitarist, and so others here will be better situated to give you leads as to where you might find a replacement bridge. But that may very well be your best option.

Wade Hampton Miller

PS If this guitar DOES have adjustable saddles for each and every string, then getting it to play completely in tune is probably just a matter of getting the saddles dialed in properly.