View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 06:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybones View Post
I don't do it on purpose. But every now and then I have a brain fart and need to scramble to make it through a verse.

Had an acoustic guitar partner that could not ever remember the words, in the right order, to the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. He'd sing the verse about the ship sinking, and then the verse about the wind in the wires made a tattle tale sound.

I told him we looked like a joke, and why didn't he write them down to glance at so he could tell the story.

He said that wasn't professional. "You don't see Gordon Lightfoot on stage with a notebook."

I said he'd written it, and could probably get them straight. And I'd rather the guy I was playing with get the lyrics right, and the occasional glance at a sheet of paper would be more professional than screwing up the lyrics.

But I can't do Angel From Montgomery, since I'm not "an old woman, named for my mother".
While I completely agree in a story song with an obvious chronological component it is ludicrous and unprofessional to no get the order straight.

However, I have no problem singing Angel From Montgomery as written, because it is not about being an old woman, it is observation about life. And since I have lived, I feel completely comfortable singing it.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4