View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 07:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten View Post
Thanks, Matt. For my purposes, I'm still happy with my L1 & T1, but then I don't have your playing schedule. I look forward to trying the EON One when I get a chance. I appreciate your taking time to share your experience here.

cotten
My pleasure cotten!

I'm not sure there would be any reason to go with the JBL if you already have the L1/T1. The JBL gives you a faster set up but to get the faster set up you have to lug around a bigger single unit vs several smaller pieces with the Bose.

I'd still really like to hear them side by side. Another forum member compared them and he returned the JBL. My guess is that the JBL is a bit more directional than the Bose.

I added one more piece to the puzzle:

http://www.powerwerks.com/Product/PW4P

I played a loud room on Thursday night and I was having a hard time hearing myself. I tried my in-ears and concluded (like I had years and years ago when I bought my first L1) that in-ears don't work well with these "surroundy" type systems.

I'm still hearing myself from the system. The in-ears then block any sound I'm getting from the system and basically turn that into background noise. I then need to crank up the ears to try and compete with noise!

What I really want is to just add some detail to what I'm hearing from the system. I've always avoided the little hot-spot mic stand monitors. I'm not really sure why but after the show Thursday I decided to track one down.

I looked at the Galaxy Audio ones and found a dealer between me and my next show. He didn't have any of the Galaxy models but he had this little Powerwerks one. I read some review and figured it would be worth a stop. It's perfect!

It lives on my little table and I took an Aux out of my TouchMix and turned it up just enough to give me the detail I need. I played 4 hours last night without a break and I could have vocally, gone another 4!

My show last night was outside and I didn't have the background noise I had on Thursday so I'll have to try it in a loud room to really give it a good test.

I never would have considered this little thing had I not tried it. For me, it's probably better than any of the other mini-monitors on the market. The angle allows me to put it on my table where the other ones (from the pictures) I don't think would angle up enough.

You can see it on my table here:

I should have done this years ago. I don't think I ever would have gotten rid of my Bose!

Matt