View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRaspy View Post
...Are endpin jacks through the sidewall still done? I remember seeing those on a few guitars a couple decades back when I was in college but I can't recall anything other than jacks through the tailstock more recently. Which (assuming that vastly unscientific survey of what I think I remember is accurate) makes me think that running the jack through the thinner wood caused problems.
Adding a jack in an unsupported side is a very bad idea, particularly if using straight vs riht angle plug cables. The load applied to the thin wood from stepping on a plugged-in cable while in motion or just moving the guitar can tear that jack right out. If you add a reinforcement block inside (at least 1/4" thick, at least approximately 2" X 2", matching the curvature) to the area that will help. But you already have a nice tail block installed, which is where I would add the jack if I wanted the oddity of two output jacks. When I added a second pickup to my archtop I used a stereo (TRS) jack - mag pickup on the tip, piezo on the ring. Output through a TRS plug into a Baggs MixPro which allows me to select either pickup individually or blend them.