View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 07:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotveryGood View Post
I have just read with interest another long thread on the search for best strings. Also yet another discussion on picks. Then of course we have opinions on body size, brand, and the different combinations of tone woods, the best Capo, its a long list.
Im as interested as anyone, its good to read and share opinion, experiences and recommendations, nice to try recommended "tweaks" for ourselves.
But its starting to remind me of some years ago when myself and like minded friends were very much into HIFI. We would read magazine reviews, swap this amplifier for that , "upgrade" the cables, a more expensive cartridge for the turntable etc etc. All fun stuff, but eventually I realised I was chasing my tail and this obsession with a "better sound" meant I was forever studying my system instead of just enjoying the music. Im getting the same sort of feelings now when I pick up the guitar, constantly wondering which of the aforementioned tweaks might improve things instead of appreciating the sound as it is and just getting on with playing..
Yea, you're right. Enjoy!

Follow The Yellow Brick Road