View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Charter Member

I agree with what everyone has said. Why build a small guitar to try to sound like a bigger guitar? And of course, there is the other side that some people just need a smaller guitar for comfort. I'm thankful that we can live in the golden age of lutherie to give us such options!

The way I see it, I never knew an OM could sound as loud as as big until I heard this cocobolo Santa Cruz OM. I thought to myself, now this is an OM! I played a braz/euro Bourgeois OMC at Mandolin Brothers that gave me a similar wow factor.

But those feelings certainly intensified when I was able to play my first Somogyi OM:

I thought to myself, how can this guitar sound so big? How does this little OM sound bigger than many amazing dreads that I have played? I think the same can be said about the first time you play a Traugott! There is this very special wow factor that places them in a different league.

The same feeling can be said about this little 00. Even though you can go with a bigger guitar, for those who need a smaller guitar for health or comfort issues, some will be on the hunt for those small guitars that just sound huge. Until this guitar, I haven't found one yet where you can really feel it in your chest. But after playing this little thing, I was like, wow, I can actually feel this thing. That Somogyi sensation of a huge guitar in a tiny box

Omega Braz MJ, 2011 Omega MJ Braz Baritone
Ryan Cathedral ABW/Bosnian
Build thread: 2011 Kostal Mod D Brazilian/German
Build thread: 2019 Kostal MDW Brazilian/German
Build thread:2019 Bigfoot Mod D

Last edited by ericcsong; 11-11-2013 at 10:31 AM.