View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 06:22 AM

Understand these are out of budget but I want to comment on the Adam Audio A7's which I've had for a while and another furm member recently purchased on my recommendation. 3 of the employees at the GC where I got mine also bought systems, they are the current darling of the Pro Audio boys.

They are wonderful!! I auditioned against Mackie, Dynaudio, Genelec and JBL. The Adam Audio have ribbon tweeters and that was the difference in all comparisons, the highs are sweeter, still well defined but not edgy or brittle, and there is no ear fatique, I've had these puppies on for hours untold numbers of days.

I added the Sub8 bass and the Adam Audio system blows away my fairly expensive 3000 watt home theater system for critical listening. The only thing I have heard better is the higher end Adam Audio nearfields, all with ribbon tweeters and that sweet and soft high end.

Worth stretching a budget if possible in my opinion. Around $2K with the Sub8but you have a very pro level nearfield system and they do not lie, screw up the tiniest thing and you'll hear it!

I run mine through a Mackie Big Knob Studio Commander so I can use them with my Pro Tools rig, and my work and personal computer, they are hardly ever off. Highly recommended!!

Rich Macklin Soundclick Website
http://www.youtube.com/rmyaddison

Martin OM-18 Authentic '33 Adirondack/Mahogany
Martin CS OM-28 Alpine/Madagascar
Martin CS 00-42 Adirondack/Madagascar
Martin OM-45TB (2005) Engelmann/Tasmanian Blackwood (#23 of 29)