View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 10:39 AM

At the end of the day, I don't care one iota about what bracing is under the top. Does the guitar reach out and grab me and make me want to take it home? That is all that matters. The rest is placebo effect. Every doctor knows that 25-50% of people will be taken by the placebo effect and believe the little pill will do its job. That's what marketing is "let me tell you what we've done and what you should hear as a result". As we've witnessed so far, some hear it, some don't. I played all the new Taylor guitars at NAMM just as I did Martin, Breedlove.... and others I visited. Did I hear anything different...........no. I always hear/play some guitars I like and other's that don't do anything for me. Same this year as last. If you go shopping because the label says "NEW AND IMPROVED" then you've swallowed the marketing, hook, line and sinker. If you happen upon a guitar that you fall in love with and purchase it simply for its appeal to you, then you are an intelligent and prudent buyer.