View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 02:20 AM
AGF Sponsor

PART TWO (CONTINUED FROM DIRECTLY ABOVE)

Okay, to finally get to your question, Buc.

The RB product looks like what we call a mando pick, very similar to the Golden Gate or Wegen, correct? BTW, not that it matter, but is this pick for playing mando, guitar, or both? Anyway, we are looking at this exact RB shape right now to release in tortoise before the end of the year, followed by brown in 2017. The BC TP series, however, is more similar to our large tri, but with softer corners.

The large tri with holes in tortoise style, at 1.5 mm, is the closest thing we have in the lineup right now.

Here's a direct link to it on our website:

http://www.charmedlifepicks.com/#!pr...8-cccc5691219b

They are currently sold out, but more coming soon.

Everything I’ve said is prelude to what I’m going to tell you about this particular model. And this, again, was due to total dumb luck, to being idiots in manufacturing and stumbling around, to a huge MISTAKE in production that we thought would cost us thousands and nearly put us out of business. As far as we know, this is the only pick in the industry that has this feature, or has ever had this feature.

Look at the two photos below. These are close-ups of two picks made from the identical material. Both of these picks are being held up to the sky, backlit by the sun.

In the first photo you’ll see a clear field of plastic, even if you blow it up much larger. But take a look at the second photo. In this photo you will see thousands of tiny pinpricks of light shining through the material, like looking up into the dome of a planetarium. This is what occurred during our “mistaken” fabrication process. The result? The thousands of tiny air pockets act like miniature shock absorbers, quieting this already-legendarily quiet material further, softening the tone, in most cases producing less pick noise (some of this is dependent on strings, setup, angle of attack, etc.). And here’s the most incredible thing of all: The natural warmth, balance, lushness and tortoise-like tone of the material comes through all the clearer. It must be some kind of weird Vulcan mindmeld; we can’t figure it out.

We don’t even know how it works!

But our customers have been raving about it since day one. We didn’t even know it was there till they pointed it out to us!

That’s the story. This feature is available on our 1.25 mm classic teardrop and the large tri with holes, pictured below, with the link below that. Don’t ask me how it works. I haven’t the foggiest. But it sounds incredible.

http://www.charmedlifepicks.com/#!pr...a-e4a603fd2ebf

thanks...I need a rest.....
scott

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 07-29-2016 at 03:00 AM.