View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Charter Member

Default Aloha Stephen - The Emotional Quality of THE MUSIC has Really Got Me

Aloha Stephen,

The first two of your finely played & recorded guitar samples have been playing through my Koa 803's for most of today up here in the rainforest (it's Sunday evening now).

What is becoming clearer to me - after all the gear analysis us guys like to do here - is how emotional & hypnotic the piece & your playing are. Even the choice of key is provocative & playing very impressionistic. And it's really got me because the quality of all the elements (player, guitar, entire signal chain) support the emotion I feel in your music.

If these recordings don't make people fall totally in love with acoustic guitars, & the hypnotic, intimate sounds & music of which they are uniquely capable, then I don't know what will.

Of course, the quality of the entire signal chain is a testament to what you've consistently preached: everything needs to be of the same high quality in a planned signal chain. And the best of gear can provide the greatest & most transparent accessibility to the spirit of the music & player, when in the right hands & ears.

There is no reason to compare Behringer's here when Mercedes are out there like this - gear & especially the music. The music is really what we're most connected to.

Listen out there, Steve. Your music is touching people all over the world right now. Encore! Or as we say in the Islands, "Hana Hou!"

Goodnight!

alohachris

Last edited by alohachris; 09-18-2011 at 11:51 PM.