Thread: Martin CEO-7
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
How different is the CEO 7 from a standard 00-18? I know the neck profile is different, so if you prefer one or the other, that will affect feel. And the CEO has an Adirondack spruce top rather than Sitka spruce - how different do they sound?

-Ray
I finally played them back to back. Hard to find many 00 models on the walls sometimes to compare A to B. My impression on the sound difference was minimal, but the few CEO examples I’ve played feel like you can really hear a drier or vintage warmth in the sound and can bark if you hit it. Maybe the comfy V neck profile, wide string spacing, and sunburst plays tricks on my mind and ears. That particular 00-18, that day in the same room, had chimey highs and sounded good as well but was really new and tight where the CEO was a popular demo that had been there a while. The 00 model that is way cool and different is that Jeff Tweedy with the deeper body, hog top, long scale, and v neck. They’re all the same money. The CEO has been offered in a Rosewood body a while ago. I didn’t play them back to back but recall the rosewood ceo nice as well but didn’t shock me like the hog model did for its volume to size ratio...but I like mahogany for my ears and playing style historically...And that bias is evident in many of my collection. Yes, I want one. $0.02