Thread: k&k must go
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Jackson, Neil and Paul are three of the most notorious tone-chasers in the trade. They demand perfection. I first heard the Trance at a JB solo show in 2007 and it turned my head around. Haven't looked back since....

scott memmer
To be fair, Paul used a standard Matrix Undersaddle up until last year. He never struck me as demanding a natural/perfect tone. I follow Bill Asher on instagram and he works on guitars for pretty much everyone you mentioned and he's a big Amulet fan. I am sure his input had something to do with Paul switching to the Trance system. If I remember correctly, he even posted about installing it. Not taking away from the Amulet, just an observation.

For me, the Amulet was just too bright. I still say if you have a Martin guitar for example, systems like the Amulet will sound amazing. If your guitar is already bright, it, along with many other SBT's, will be harder to make work. That was my experience at least. I currently use the HFN and I am not super happy with the bass response but it's far closer to the tone I am after.