View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 05:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
It's an incredibly stupid rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
It was borderline dirty and like you said, it had that effect on the defense.
Borderline dirty. Oh, the HORROR! Why, I do declay-uh, I believe I may be coming down with a touch of the vapors...

Who could imagine a coach finding an obscure little section of the rule book, twisting it completely out of shape and using it in ways totally outside the spirit of the rule (but just inside the letter of it), and making opposing coaches heads explode as he uses it against them? I mean, the NERVE!!! Where could Vrabel have POSSIBLY learned such a thing?

At the time, I thought he was nuts thinking that the difference between 6 and 5 minutes would matter when trying to protect a ONE point lead against Brady. But combined with the Pats inability to stop the Tennessee running game and get off the field made it a stroke of genius In the end. Anyone who can out-Belichek Belichek to burn Belichek on Belichek’s home field has my undying love and respect.

As for McDaniel, I think having to start over with a new coordinator at this late point in his career would have a more than negligible impact on Brady’s decision. Although I find it confusing. I thought when McDaniel bailed on the Colts two years ago it was because Kraft made him promises regarding replacing Belichek within a certain time period... if so, why is the overwhelming consensus that he’s ready to jump NOW? Presumably, the date of Belichek’s departure is closer now, not farther off... So if he didn’t jump then, why would he now?

-Ray

Last edited by raysachs; 01-05-2020 at 05:08 AM.