View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 03:16 PM

If the EON One Compact is similar to the EON 600 series, it's 50% amp, 50% computer

In my efforts to get my Android tablet to connect to my EON 610, I finally got lucky somehow and the EON Connect app finally 'connected' to it. It told me there was a firmware update available and I accepted it. After a few minutes it completed to successfully to 100% and gave a message to 'Restart'. I power cycled the speaker and subsequently it refuses to connect with the tablet even after multiple 'factory resets'. The BT used to show presence in the Android's OS, but does not now. I think the firmware update may have killed the BT (perhaps a corrupt transfer). With the BT dead the firmware can't be reflashed in an attempt to 'fix' it. JBL should have put a USB connection in these for the for purpose of firmware updates, rather than solely relying on the BT.
The EON One Compact looks like a nice sized portable speaker, but I hope it doesn't have the connection problems that EON 600 users are plagued with.