View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 02:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post

In case you forgot, Poco had a few of their own “pop hits” that were pretty notable and would stand up to a number of Eagles tunes.
“In the Heart of the Night especially. Awesome song and it was a “top five” hit on Billboard.
I am a true Poco fan boy from day one and saw them live a few times.
No they didnÂ’t fill arenas, but they sold out as headliners everywhere they played...everywhere.
No, I didn’t forget. I have been a Poco a man from the beginning. To be honest, the few songs that charted never added up to much and certainly did not
garner the kind of success the Eagles had. But, that isn’t really the point and, more than likely, is why Poco was as consistent as they were. They had just enough potential to maintain a label’s (ABC/MCA) interest, which allowed them to continue to release albums, about 18 by my count. That is 18 of all new songs, not compilations or live albums. The Eagles don’t even come close to that for all their success and name recognition. In my mind it is not about hits or popularity, it’s about the integrity and quality of material over a length of time. By that criteria, it isn’t much of a contest. And just for the record look at what members of Poco have done- Richie Furay and Paul Cotton have produced some darn fine albums on their own. Not to mention what Jim Messina accomplished after leaving Poco.
In terms of live albums, Deliverin’ was killer in its day and still holds up well today!
Spotify

FOR SALE:
MIKTEK CV4 Tube mic
Various Shock Mounts
2019 Alvarez ABT60 SHB-E Baritone guitar
Shoot me a PM if interested

Last edited by Feste; 03-31-2021 at 03:29 PM.