View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 06:38 AM

I copy/pasted this;
Click the Start button and select Control Panel. Click on "Hardware and Sound" and then click on "Manage audio devices" under Sound (if you are using the "Classic View" in the Control Panel then double-click on the Sound icon). The Recording tab of the Sound screen that is displayed should show your microphone. Double-click on the microphone to display its properties.
If there is a "Custom" tab shown on the Microphone Properties screen select that tab. If a Microphone Boost check box is displayed then check it. If no Microphone Boost check box is displayed or if there is no Custom tab on the Microphone Properties screen then see the next bullet point.
If there is no Custom tab shown on the Microphone Properties screen then select the "Levels" tab instead. You may see one or two levels to adjust. Use the slider for the Microphone level to increase the level and try some more test recordings with SpellQuizzer to see how this improves the recording quality. If there is a level for Microphone Boost then adjust that slider control as well and and try some more test recordings in SpellQuizzer. If there is no Microphone Boost slider control then most likely your sound card or microphone does not support Microphone Boost.