View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 09:48 AM

Default Should I Be Worried? Looking for advice.

Have a early 90s D28-2R.

The issue I'm having is a sudden rise in action over the last couple of weeks to the point where its getting uncomfortable to play.

It has been pretty humid here lately, but the area where I keep my guitars is generally kept about 45-55% humidity. I keep a hydrometer in the room and check it several times per day.

The guitar was refretted about 2 years ago with EVO (to delay a neck reset - it was borderline) and last May had a new nut installed. Action @ the 12th fret was about .090 to .095 then. Looking at .110" and maybe a little more now. action at the nut seems a little stiff @ around .029".

The bridge was lifting up at the time of the refret and had a little glue injected under the bridge at the time of refret. I'm thinking it might be neck reset time for the long term fix - so I'm prepared for that possibility.

The top has a little belly, but probably .125" on each side. Not what I'd call excessive.

Looking for advice before I make the call to take to the Dr. Was looking at taking to Maple Street, but any suggestions for someone in Northeast Atlanta are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.