View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 03:14 AM

Default Identifying an Antique Parlor Guitar

I recently inherited an old parlor guitar that I was told had been purchased new by either my great-great uncle, or his father (my great-great-great uncle) before making its way to me. Verifying which of my uncles actually purchased it is proving to be a near impossible task, but hopefully identifying the guitar itself will be a little easier. ��

There are no markings or labels that I can see. Although I could be wrong, the research I've done tonight leads me to believe it's a Lyon & Healy of some kind. I still have no idea of the exact age or model though.

The back and sides are oak, but they appear to be laminated to a different type of wood on the inside. It has binding around the top, but none around the back. The perfectly mirrored/symmetrical herringbone sticker on the back is something I haven't been able to find a match for on Google Images.

I'm mostly asking just for fun and to satiate my curiosity about a family heirloom, but if anyone on here can help me pinpoint what it is and/or what decade it would have been made in, that would be super cool, and very much appreciated! ��

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by SeagullMan; 01-21-2020 at 04:48 PM.