View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi CASD57

To record someone playing acoustic and singing, I mount My H2n about 18" away (or my H4n or H1n depending on the project) on a tripod and run it in the X/Y setting, I usually elevate it and aim down from about forehead high at a point just under the chin and above the guitar, in line with (and above) the neck/body joint and the mouth. Here's a picture of my original Zoom H4 in a similar config, which works well with it too. I tape the lyrics/chord chart so they don't look down. In the picture below the front leg of the tripod is between his legs, and about 1" from the chair (it's a cheap little Sam's Club $20 tripod which easier to carry and store than a mic stand). This is for audio recording not video.

I monitor it with earbuds to dial it in, and then I just leave it alone and record.

I have tried recording with it pointed straight on, but angled from the top gets a better sound/balance for me.

Hope this adds to the discussion…

I've got a camera tripod like that one..The H2N will screw to the top so I should be able to raise it and point it down with no problem..
I'll try this and then try the different mic settings...
I appreciate guys