View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 01:53 PM

Mr. Scott, I would be perfectly happy to do without any onboard electronics, but the only semi-affordable, all solid woods model I've found so far that offers a cutaway with no electronics is the Pavan, and I'm not even sure Tom Prisloe is still in the Pavan business anymore.

I do want a cutaway. I've tried various guitars with and without the cutaway, and I greatly prefer the easier upper fret access afforded by the cutaway. I also want all solid woods, and I don't want a 48mm crossover neck. I tend to prefer the Cordoba GKs due to their just-right necks, their slightly slimmer bodies (compared to a classical), and the fact that they're not true thinlines, which tend to hurt the unplugged tone. I've tried all three GK Studio models, and they all beat their non-GK Cordoba counterparts, as well as competing guitars from other makers.

Bottom line, I want:

-Solid woods
-50mm-52mm nut, but not the super-chunky U-shaped neck profile of the Cordoba Espana Series models
-Cutaway
-Body meets the neck at the 12th fret
-No true slimline body
-Rosewood back and sides
-I'd prefer a cedar top, with German spruce as my second choice
-I'd prefer a USA or Spanish build, but Asian-built is not a dealbreaker

Finding all those things without any onboard electronics is proving to be rather difficult, and downright impossible in terms of finding one in a local store. In fact, I can't find any of the guitars I'm considering at our local stores. All they carry are the laminate or nato versions, never the solid wood models. I can't even find a Cordoba GK Pro anywhere, never mind a nylon-strings Takamine.

Cervantes? Alhambra? Ramirez?

Not a chance. Online ordering only, at least where I live.