View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 05:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseth View Post
Terrific review, Methos!

I am SO glad that you've "sussed out" the S1 Pro and it works so well for you... I can't believe that I'm even thinking about selling my AER and getting one of the Bose units to back up my bigger L1 Model II system, but there you go!

I was NEVER a "fanboy" of Bose home stereo gear (decent sound, WAY overpriced), but since using the L1 systems live, I am a HUGE fan of Bose gear for performing...

Thanks for taking the time to follow up your previous posts on the Bose S1 Pro. They've helped me, and I bet they've helped others, as well...
Thanks! I'm glad I stuck with it as well. Not that there was any doubt. I always give new equipment a full try. It's rare that I get a great tone right out of the gate.

The AER Compact 60/3 was always on my short list with it's many fans but the price was always prohibitive for me. It would have to have been a one-and-done system and might have been good enough based on all accounts.

I'm not a Bose fanboy either, nor do I think they make bad stuff although I have felt their prices were always a premium for what they offer. I think the S1 might be the first system where you're getting a lot for the money. If the battery came stock with it at that price then I would definitely say that but since they get another $100 for it I can't in good conscience quite give them that!

I see the Harbinger line array gathering dust now. I've only got $300 into that so I'll hang onto it for the rare case where we need more power. Down the line I'll probably even sell that off and then if I ever find I need more than I'll grab a QSC K8.2. Had the Bose S1 not worked out it was going to go back and be replaced by a K8.2.

Last edited by Methos1979; 03-05-2018 at 07:54 AM.