View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Tipton View Post
Congrats! For the price, Yamaha has never disappointed me!
Received my Yamaha CG142S yesterday...really nice guitar. This guitar is similar to guitars that I have tried in the $700-$900 range...wow... for less than $300. It will satisfy many requirements for my guitar playing. First it is an affordable small bodied guitar to save my right shoulder when the big bodied guitar becomes too painful. It will teach me classical sitting position. It will satisfy my desire to play classical pieces on a classical guitar, something I am just now learning as I learn standard notation (finally after 55 years of playing). It will force me to work on songs in standard tuning as almost everything I do is in alternate tunings...this will help a lot when I play with others (no matter what guitar I use) who mainly play in standard tuning. My instructor is a recording artist and has played since he was 8. He is a trained classical player as well as original fingerstylist and over the years has had a lot of tendonitis and shoulder/back problems. He plays one of these guitars during practice sessions and during lessons to save his arms and hands as guitar is his life and profession. He is also a Yamaha fan and recently played this model in concert...I hope to play that well some day.
Thanks Todd for your input.