View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckjohn View Post
I would just go with the neck you have. Its already carved. May as well give it a crack.

On the tone bars and finger braces - go ahead and add 1 tone bar and 1 finger brace on each side. Its a very thin cedar top - and cedar already tends toward soft/light.

Bracing wise - how tall is it now? I would shoot for no taller than 1/2"/12mm for a guitar this small. Taper the braces to nothing in the lower bout before they get to the linings.

Be sure to cap the X-brace joint with a scrap of brace wood. 2mm thick is sufficient.

On the bridge. Since you are already this far along - just use it. If you have a problem in the future - you can replace it.

Cheers john,
At the end of the day it's an experiment and I have very little money to throw at it, which is half the fun trying to make something out of what's available, having said that it would be great to end up with something playable as opposed to a pile of kindling.

I now have a few good ideas to mull over and plan the next phase, that will not be any day soon but if anybody has any suggestions or further ideas for consideration, please chip in.
Right now my hands are full.