View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraclete View Post
YHowever, unless you can get your hands on a used one or one of the plain tenors that Chuck sometimes sells on his site or through a local Hawaiian music shop, I’m not sure you can even get on his waiting list for a custom!
That's what Maureen, the woman who brought the uke to our house, said. She said he's closed his waiting list and that finding a used one is about all you can do right now.

I can see why. That was by far and away the best-sounding, most MUSICAL-sounding uke I've ever heard. It kind of made me want to take up the instrument.

It also reminded me of why I love koa as a tonewood so much. It has such great balance and great clarity when you find a good set. I've got an acoustic baritone guitar, a 12 fret Triple O guitar and my main performing mountain dulcimer, all of them with spruce tops and koa backs and sides. They all sound terrific and work so well - I can accentuate whichever end of the tonal spectrum I want, it's all there, all I have to do is pull it out of the instruments.

whm