View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 03:37 PM
Charter Member

Default Bourgeois SJ macassar ebony & carpathian spruce 2011 NAMM

NO LONGER FOR SALE

Bourgeois SJ small jumbo carpathian spruce and macassar ebony guitar up for sale .. Dana's 1 23/32" neck and 2.2" bridge .. I am the original owner .. NAMM 2011 guitar in mint condition, no dings, belt buckle rash, dents, scratches, or fretwear .. this guitar is a stunning looker and sounds even better, a really top of the line Bourgeois .. original arch top and arch bottom hardshell case also in mint condition ..

I had Dana’s shop install a custom nut at the top of the neck that mimicked the string spread grooving on his 1 ¾” wide neck, so the string separation on this guitar’s 1 23/32” neck at the nut is actually 1/16” wider than his standard nut string grooving on his 1 23/32” neck .. I like Dana's 1 3/4" necks more than his 1 23/32", but I also like his 2.2" string saddle spacing more than his 2 5/16" string saddle spacing .. so they widened the string groove separation for me and I get the best of both worlds out of it this way .. there was plenty of room on the outside of the low and high e strings to accept the wider string spacing and it makes me wonder why Dana does not offer this as an option to those of us who find his 1 23/32" neck widths a bit on the strange side .. the original factory saddle is included in the case and can be easily reinserted if such is your wish ..

Asking $3,750 plus PP fee and shipping at my cost, prefer not to ship internationally .. this is a $7,000 guitar today .. you can email me for pics, happy to send them to you .. [email protected] .. I do not use photo hosting websites as they are rife with viruses and ad insertion software that I choose to avoid ..

And contact me with questions at my email also, as I do not check AGF messages all that often and you might miss me if you do not email me privately .. thanks for looking ..

Last edited by guitarman51; 07-13-2020 at 09:05 AM. Reason: no longer for sale