View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 08:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Hey folks, wanted to revive this older thread.

I just bought a new gorgeous Blueridge BR-160A and will eventually be adding a pickup. A buddy of mine is sending a Baggs Element for free.

I general despise all pickups and have for forty years. And this is coming from someone with two Trance Audio rigs in high-end guitars and Baggs Anthem, Baggs Lyric, etc., in others. In particular, I dislike USTs.

What might I do to make the Element sound better? Add a Lyric mic?

Appreciate your suggestions and insights.

scott memmer
Hi, Scott. I have different pickups in each of my acoustics. An LR Baggs Element VTC in an Emerald X20, and I am very happy with the sound. As others have mentioned here, it is easy to control (no issue with feedback), but it is helpful to have a bit more EQ with it than just the tone control wheel. I have run it through a Fishman Loudbox, Bose L1C, and a Bose S1 - both Bose rigs have a Tonematch switch that takes care of that additional EQ when run direct. Most often, I run the guitar through a Play Acoustic, with just a bit of BodyRez.

I'm thinking you should give it a good try without a Lyric before investing in any other stuff. Oh, and free is a good price.