View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardo1000 View Post
Hello sir,

Which is the one that you prefer between your Emerald X20 and your Rainsong CH-OM ?

Thank you for your opinion !

I used to have a Rainsong Black Ice (BI-WS1000N2) which seems to be very similar to the CH-OM. While I thought the guitar was nice looking and beautifully crafted there were several things that I disliked about it which is why I got rid of it. I found it very uncomfortable to play. That N2 neck which is pretty beefy now has a truss rod. When you pick up the guitar you can actually feel all the weight is in the neck so sitting down I found I was fighting to keep the guitar upright (standing up playing is even worse). I found the tone to be very bright and it had a weird "hifi" kind of sound. Now the OM has a unidirectional sound board compared to the all carbon of the black ice so I would imagine its warmer sounding.

But in all honestly when it comes to just comfort alone I think Emerald is not only miles ahead of Rainsong, but miles ahead of all guitar makers. This is of course just my opinion but I hope this info helps!