View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 01:22 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzin View Post
Thanks. I've just been using the CL pick I use when I play guitar. I have a few (less expensive) rounded edge picks that I'll try and see if I prefer that shape for the mandolin.
Tenzin, sure enough. FYI, an approximate feel of that round point might be to experiment by turning around a standard Fender 351 teardrop shape in your hand and playing the guitar with one of the rounded corners on top. Not exactly the same thing, but an approximation.

Actually, I played the Golden Gate for many years, but lately I've been experimenting with a standard teardrop point with a lot of success. I suppose my skill level at mando (mediocre at best) has improved enough to play that way. But this model we're introducing with the super rounded corners is very "forgiving" for inaccurate players like yours truly.

BTW, folks, the wait list is filling up. I expect to have only about a dozen of these on the first go-round, and those will be offered exclusively to the wait list members two or three days before they go up on our site. If interested, there is no obligation to purchase, but this is a private sale to the wait list only. Suggest you get on the list and then take a pass if not interested.

thanks,
scott memmer

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 09-15-2018 at 01:28 PM.