View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 01:44 PM

Default Update : Completed

I have finished the guitar!!!
That means 2 things,
1) I will shortly be starting another guitar and
2) I have final pictures to post. To see them, read on dear friends

I have to say, this guitar has absolutely smoked my previous builds for sound. I don't know if thats down to the new shape, the new bracing pattern, the incredible redwood soundboard, the different lacquer, using an ebony bridge or all of the above. I can say that the guitar sounds fantastic. Unfortunately I had an audio interface issue when I was trying to do my recording and as the guitar is staying in the UK and i'm now back in Switzerland, I can't record a demo of it myself. I'm trying to find someone that can do it for me but I haven't found anyone yet.

One thing I have decided is that i'm not a fan of medium sized frets. This is only my 4th completed instrument and as such I have not mastered fretwork and trying to get these frets level when they weren't that high to begin with didn't leave much room for error.

As mentioned above I ended up installing the Ebony bridge, the Rocklite one ended up very light once the underside had been radiussed to match the soundboard, probably too light. The ebony one seems to work very nicely so I think I got that one right.

Here are the final pictures.

Untitled by David Emm, on Flickr