View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
And now I have two, and am trying to figure out how to sneak an Amicus past the guard
Same issue here. My reluctance to revamp a bathroom resulted in a second Emerald on order when I finally agreed to tile the shower. Now I am trying to figure out how to bring a uke Synergy into the house with the blessings of the gate keeper. These Synergies are challenging to play well. The uke version is still fun like all ukes tend to be. Might make it my main travel instrument instead of my lovely (and somewhat fragile) Pono bari uke I sometimes take now. Have to at least wait for the guitar on order to arrive first. The motto I have so far lived by is to never buy more than one guitar (at a time).

I fell into CF instruments by accident about 6 years ago with an Emerald X20 (same style as today). As Cap'n Jim might say, "I came here for the robustness and stayed for the sound and playability". I haven't left since. I currently have a Lucky 13, the X20 and one on the way. The X20 is my goto all around guitar. The Lucky 13 is pretty awesome and I dithered between it and a Rainsong before taking the plunge. I am hoping the next one to be as good or better than these two. Only mild customizing of one of Alistair's creations on this round.

The thing about CF is that the conformities we are forced to put up with because of poor structural strength and robustness of the previously used materials (wood mostly) is out the window. CF can handle pretty much any dream you have with regard to number of strings, necks or shapes. I would say Emerald is on the cutting edge of this wave, so stand by for some more amazing instruments that were previously unimaginable. In conventional instruments, Emerald's 12 string and harp guitars are probably top in any fashion you care to compare them with others in these fields.

Hope this helps.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?