View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 04:30 PM

Default Bigfoot OMC in Spalted Tamarind and German Spruce

Hello all here!

So I'm new to this as not much of 'an out there socials cyber space thang' type of a guy so must be a SPECIAL reason for me here!? Well yes I'll get to that but first just a wee introduce meself, me music..

I'm Amrit Sond from the UK and I'd generally class myself as a 'contemporary fingerstyle guitarist' - it's very hard for me to define my music as such but I'd probably be in the world / avant garde genres. Been playing acoustic for over 40 years and I was originally heavily infulenced by Michael Hedges. Alex De Grassi, Pierre Bensusan & Pat Metheny. Over the many years now I've come into my age and I guess writing is my main forte. I have an album available through Solid Air Records in the US and a new one to be released soon this year (hopefully).. Lowden's are my choice along with an exciting & SPECIAL new guitar project with Karan Singh / India of BIGFOOT Guitars that I'll be sharing with you..

I was born and raised in Kenya where I grew up with African folk music all around me.. mainly a lot of folk singing and odd drumming.. this was my first introduction to SOLO work I would say, though very young to realise it at the time. We then moved to Kuwait where middle eastern music was everywhere, of course along with Rock & Pop.. I was mainly attracted to grass roots music there, like the Oud and in particular what I liked about the Oud was it's free form nature and it's where I learnt about 'the heartbeat / pulse' that keeps muisc togather as I don't particularly think about beats or specific time as such for my solo acoustic work.. I also spent a lot of time playing Heavy Metal / Rock in bands etc

Moved to the UK in 1985 and I discovered Folk Music; Ralph McTell, John Renbourn, Bert Jansch etc..

Here's a couple of youtube video links that represent my work. My new website will up & running very very shortly that I'll share once complete..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByZ6AkpH7Vw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1YOgcpBuSE

well I look forward to making new friends here.. ~ Peace & light! :-)

Last edited by Amrit Sond; 09-09-2020 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Have move post to Custom Shop section