View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Burns View Post
So what if you have a less exspensive guitar -theirs too much hype about what a guitar costs or what its made of. What really matter is how does it sound when you play it . Its the musician not the guitar - i think we put to much emphasis on a guitar and not on what it can do -or what can someone do with it --

It does not matter what kind or what quality the guitar is. All that matters is if it is playable for the player.

I was at a festival some time ago, I take my worse instrument to festivals so it won't matter if it gets run over. It's a Hondo that I gave major surgery just to make playable.

Now the story. I was playing in a workshop/jam a couple of attendees asked "what kind of guitar is that it sounds great". They couldn't see the headstock from where they were sitting. When I showed them the name on the headstock it was like deer in the headlights nothing else was said.

Another story. I was at a open mike when it was my turn I went up opened my case and did my thing. When I was done I put it back in the case and when I was returning to my seat. One of the other performers asked "That guitar sounded great what model Martin is it?" I replied not a Martin a bottom of the line Eastman. Again Deer in the headlights.

"If you try to play like someone else, Who will play like you". Quote from Johnny Gimble

The only musician I have to impress today is the musician I was yesterday.

No tubes, No capos, No Problems.

Last edited by Big Band Guitar; 01-27-2020 at 09:34 PM.